This special blend of sweet, salty, and spicy will infuse any type of grilled meat with a smoky, garlicky flavor. It’s especially great on any cut of pork.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pimentón (Spanish smoked paprika)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dry yellow (ground) mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix all the ingredients together. Pat your meat dry with paper towels and coat liberally with the mixture, using your fingers to press it in place. If you’re in a hurry, you can grill after 15 minutes, but letting the rub “cure” for 3 hours or longer in the fridge will intensify the flavors.
Yields enough rub for up to 8 pounds of meat.