Use the freshest salmon you can find for this recipe, which was shared with us by Chile-based olive oil expert Denise Langevin. We prefer wild-caught salmon or farm-raised Chilean Verlasso salmon, available online or at many supermarkets.
- 1 pound boneless skinless salmon fillets, chilled and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet or sour pickles or seeded cucumber
- 1 tablespoon brined capers, drained and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted bread, for serving
Combine the salmon, pickles, and capers in a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, onion, mustard, soy sauce, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine. If desired, pack the salmon into a mold and chill before serving with toasted bread.
Serves 4 — Recipe courtesy of Denise Langevin