This perfect end-of-summer dish brings together the best seasonal produce with a no-muss, no-fuss prep. Think smooth: True gazpacho is made to be sipped as a drink, not eaten with a spoon. For an extra boost of fiber, leave the skin on the cucumber.
- 2 pounds ripe red tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, plus more for serving
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup cold water, plus more as needed
Cut the vegetables into chunks and add them with the other ingredients to a blender. Process until they turn into a smooth liquid. If it’s too thick, add more water, a tablespoon at a time. Pour into glasses and garnish with a few drops of olive oil and vinegar.
Yields 4 servings