The slightly bitter flavor profile of broccoli rabe pairs beautifully with this quarter’s trio of olive oils. And the nuts and raisins give the dish textural contrast.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Two bunches broccoli rabe, woody stems and tough leaves removed
- 1/3 cup dry Spanish sherry or white wine
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or currants
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- Freshly ground black pepper
In an extra-large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the pine nuts and toast, stirring constantly, until fragrant and just barely golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute more.
Add the broccoli rabe, sherry, and golden raisins and cover the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli rabe is tender, 7 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serves 4 — Recipe adapted from epicurious.com