Here’s another great recipe I picked up from chef Arantxa Lamas during my time in Spain. It’s keto-friendly, too—a plus in my book.
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes, each cored and sliced into eighths
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar, or more to taste
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea), to taste
- Optional garnishes: Finely diced red or green bell pepper, red or white onion, or cucumber
In a nonreactive mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, garlic, olive oil, and vinegar. Stir to macerate the vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Use an immersion blender to puree the gazpacho. Strain through a food mill. Taste, adding more salt or vinegar, if needed. Cover and chill until serving time. Serve in chilled bowls with your choice of garnishes and a few drops of olive oil.
Serves 4 — Recipe courtesy of chef Arantxa Lamas