So much better than store-bought, this dip for chips and crudités also makes a great topping for baked potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, rinsed, patted dry, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 ounces artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
Heat a sauté pan and add the olive oil and the baby spinach a large handful at a time. Sauté until completely wilted and all the liquid has evaporated. Let cool while you proceed.
In a large bowl, use a spatula to fold together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, and yogurt. When blended, add the cooked spinach, artichokes, garlic, dill, lemon juice, and onion powder.
Season to taste with the salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes for an added kick. Drizzle with olive oil before serving.
Yields about 3 cups