Simple and superb! This sweet and tangy sauce is great on ribs as well as roast chicken—and it makes a terrific topping for your favorite style of burger!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, such as Vinaigre de Banyuls
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 small garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, the 1/8 teaspoon of salt, and garlic.
Gradually whisk in the olive oil until the dressing is emulsified. Season to taste with black pepper and more salt.
Yields about 1/3 cup