This hummus twist has a sweet, seasonal spin—great with vegetable chips, crudités, crackers, or pita.
- One 15.5-ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- Roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas), for garnish
- Paprika, for garnish
Place all the ingredients (except garnishes) in a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add a dash of water if the hummus is too thick, and adjust seasonings to your taste.
Once it’s ready, spread the hummus in a bowl and garnish with a generous drizzle of olive oil, pumpkin seeds, and a light dusting of paprika.
Serves 4 as an appetizer — Recipe adapted from littlesunnykitchen.com