Madrid native and private cooking class instructor Arantxa Lamas, a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, graciously shared with me her recipe for this much-loved dish. If you are interested in taking a class from Chef Lamas, you can contact her through her website, www.arantxalamas.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, trimmed, cleaned, and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Pinch or two of cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. When it’s hot, add the mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown. Lower the heat to medium and add the garlic and half the parsley. Continue to cook until the mushrooms are tender and have released their liquid and the garlic has softened. Season with cayenne and salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley before serving.
Serves 2 — Recipe courtesy of chef Arantxa Lamas