This vinaigrette must be in your repertoire. It can also be made in a blender or food processor: Pulse all ingredients except the olive oil for a few seconds (the machine can mince the garlic for you), and then, with the machine still running, slowly add the olive oil through the opening in the lid/top until the mixture is blended. (You’ll find that a vinaigrette with honey will quickly emulsify and create a thick dressing.) For deeper flavor, add more vinegar, one teaspoon at a time.
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, such as Barili Exclusivi Condimento
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Add the oil and whisk continuously until the dressing is emulsified.
Yields a scant 1/2 cup