This salad is also excellent when made with grilled corn. Simply lay the husked ears on a hot grill grate and grill, turning with tongs, until patches of brown appear. Slice the kernels off the cobs before proceeding with the recipe.
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn, kernels sliced off the cobs
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided use
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea) and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced small
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or your favorite hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/2 fresh lime
In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the corn kernels in an even layer. Leave them alone for 2 to 3 minutes, or until starting to brown, then season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until the corn is well browned in spots and popping in the pan, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add the bell pepper and continue to cook until they’ve softened slightly but haven’t completely
lost their crunch, about 2 minutes. Add the sriracha and toss to coat. Remove the pan from the heat.
Add the cilantro and Cotija and squeeze the lime half over everything; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Serves 4 — Recipe from food52.com