This is an easy, healthful, and colorful side dish.
- 1 bunch (12 ounces) rainbow chard
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea), or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated asiago or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Wash and dry the chard leaves. Remove the stems and roughly chop the chard leaves; thinly slice the tender part of the stems and add that to the mix (discard the large tough parts of the stems).
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Add the smashed garlic and chard and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until wilted and bright green.
Discard the garlic cloves and serve immediately. Serve with asiago and pine nuts.
Serves 4 — Recipe adapted from acouplecooks.com