Unexpected company? You likely have everything you need in your pantry to quickly put together this twist on conventional hummus.
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained, some juice reserved (canned okay)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 jalapeño, deveined and seeded, or a few pickled jalapeño rings
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until the ingredients form a creamy purée. If the hummus is too thick, blend in a tablespoon of water or reserved bean juice. Serve with baked tortilla wedges, pita bread, raw vegetables, or tortilla chips.
Serves 4 — Recipe adapted from healthyseasonalrecipes.com